Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Protein is a challange...

I took a trip to the store today to stock up on protein products, and in the process was shocked with how much 90-100g of protein actually is... it's a much more challenging goal than I had anticipated- but I will figure out how to make it work and keep these babies strong and healthy. 

This is what I bought:

So far the only thing that is absolutely terrible is the whey protein powder... but it also contains the highest amount of protein per serving- 25g.  So I've decided that even though it tastes terrible I am going to make a point to have at least one serving a day. If anyone has any suggestions on ways to make it taste better I would greatly appreciate your input.


I scheduled our next ultrasound appointment this morning.  This one will be for first trimester screening.  It's only two weeks away- We are really excited to see our babies again and to see how much they have grown!  Luke and I were both a little hesitant to schedule this appointment because there is a large error rate in the testing that they do, and even more so when you have a multiple pregnancy.  This is the first test that they will do to look for indications of Downs Syndrome as well as other chromosomal problems.  We decided to go ahead with the testing regardless of the error rate and if the babies test positive for any problems we will just have to cross that bridge when we come to it-  We are obviously hoping that everything turns out normal and we will have some reassurance that everything is going well.  If we do find out there is a problem then we will still have a few months to prepare for it before the babies arrive.

I was hoping to receive the call from my new OB office today (the one who will take care of all of our prenatal care from this point forward and deliver our babies) but unfortunately I did not.  If I don't hear from them by the end of the week I will definitely be calling them!  I'm really anxious to schedule my first appointment and meet my new doctor!

Other than the above, there isn't too much other news... I'm just REALLY tired (totally normal) all the time.  I can hardly keep my eyes open.  If I could sleep all day long I would, and if I could sleep in on the weekends I would do that too- but Steven is a very busy kid so there isn't a lot of opportunities for that. 

This coming weekend Steven is having his school pictures re-taken on Saturday morning followed by soccer practice and a soccer game and then gymnastics.  After all of that and lunch we are going to enjoy the "Fall Festival" at Steven's school- (where I will be running the mini golf activity for a couple of hours) and then we will be heading home to hopefully put together Steven's "new" swingset!!! It's his early birthday gift (his birthday is in a couple of weeks) from Nana and Papa, Luke and I!

I've been looking on Craigslist for the last 6 months for a bigger and better swingset than the one we have now, and I finally found it and got a great deal! $150 for an older Rainbow brand swing set still in great shape- it's so awesome! I'm so excited to get it all put together and for Steven to finally get to try it out.  Last weekend Michelle, Luke and I (I really hardly helped because I can't be lifting much) took the whole thing apart and hauled it home.  We originally intended to put it back together when we got home but we ran out of daylight.  We planned on working on it on Sunday morning but I woke up so sick... at first I thought maybe morning sickness was finally making an appearance but then I realized I actually had the stomach flu complete with the chills, fever and body aches :( not fun... I spent all day Sunday and Monday in bed...  So anyways, our goal is to get some big strong helpers to get it put together done and over with on Saturday so that Steven can spend every moment of his free time playing on it on Sunday!

Pictures to come soon!

P.S. I successfully consumed 100g of protein today :) goal achieved day 1!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment